Sunday, October 19, 2008

UCSB's Grad Formal(er)

Stephen, Courtney, Andreas and I attended Grad Formal(er) last night. It's basically a night for graduate students and their partners to be whipped back in time to the high school days where formal and/or prom was the talk of the last half of junior and senior year. Unfortunately for them, this formal wasn't as fun or as memorable. But that's OK because it was nice to get out of the house on a Saturday night (even though we were on campus and had to pay $10 to be there!), dress up a little bit (I couldn't find anyone to lend me a moo moo), meet up with friends and attempt to dance to the lame music they played (a horrendous synthesis of 70's, 80's, and 90's, right in the middle of a single song!). We also had our caricatures done, which -again- I wasn't so pleased with (I mean, come on, LOOK AT MY FREAKING HONKER OF A CHIN)! Maybe I'm just getting more critical in my older age.

0 comments: